Freitag, 7. Dezember 2007

Weihnachtszeit

After a two great weekends I'm back to tell you just how I'm alive!

My parents were here, we had two great days of intensive Casco Viejo (Old Part) exploring.

Last weekend then i went to Barcelona with my flatmate Ella! We stayed at her friends in a bellas-artes-student-apartment in just 100 m distance from the famous Sagrada Familia, the impressive basilica constructed by Antoni Gaudí! On Friday i explored the main touristic destinations in that great city. At night I went to the AIR-concert! It was just great!!! It was taking place in the world famous discoteca RAZZMATAZZ, were i spent the rest of the night. In my opinion the best disco i've seen so far.

On Saturday there was a Paella contest between the Valencian and Barcelonian friends of Ella which was nice because i was to eat it and give my opinion. Very cool.

On Sunday I lost my camera in the plane. It was just 2 weeks old. That sucks. I hope they're still gonna find it. Even more, there were all the great pictures of BCN on the camera.

Back in Bilbao, I'm dedicating my time to working on my two trabajos of 10 pages each, and, which gives me more joy, surfing.

Right now we have december but nevertheless in the daytime we had almost 20 degrees and sun the last days. combined with the ruler-shaped-breaking waves it's just fun. Only the water is getting freezing. This week there has been a tremendous storm in the north atlantic ocean, which has produced powerful swell that produces huge waves in the Biscay Bay, which the beaches of Bilbao and it's proximities are facing. For sunday we have predictions of 8 meters swell. Mmhhh. But don't worry, I'm not getting in those waves. There are always spots that are protected from that huge swell and give nice small waves.
But to give you an idea of big wave surfing that attracts the world elite of surfing pros and that is taking place just at the beaches of Bilbao, take a look here:
http://alaplaya.com/es/noticias/playa-gris-xxl,-otra-vez-ibon-amatriain

Last night I we had a birthday dinner for Lorena, Mikel's girlfriend in our apartment. After hours of practice Mikel and I performed his song in Euskera - basque language - and it was a relaxed evening in our flat.

That's it for now.
I wish you a nice Advent-Time :-)

Agur
Moritz

Keine Kommentare: